I know it’s not officially summer yet, but it sure feels like it! May has been so warm it almost feels like I’m living somewhere else. You don’t see me complaining, too much anyways. Sometimes that heat is a little overwhelming, so I’m always trying to find ways to cool off.
Here’s my new favorite way- healthy protein fudgesicles! Not only are they much better for your summer body, but they are so creamy, rich and fudgey. The secret ingredient? Avocado! Don’t run away just yet, I promise you can’t taste it! It’s amazing what avocado does for smoothies, puddings and, heck, even frosting! It adds this super silky, rich texture like no another. I’ve nicknamed it “natures butter”.
These fudgesicles are the perfect way to cool off, guilt free! They whip up in seconds in the blender and will fool anyone. I promise!
Avocado Protein Fudgesicles
- 2 large ripe avocados (or 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (raw cacao is lovely too)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (both vegan and whey work)
- 4 packs of stevia in the raw
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- Put all of the ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor and blend until very smooth and silky. If the mixture is a little thick, and 1-2 tbsp of milk at a time.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- To remove from the molds, fill the kitchen sink with cool water that covers 3/4 of the way up the mold. Let sit for 1 minute and the fudgesicles should pull right out.
Makes 4-6 depending on the size of your molds.